|Job Detail||Sign In|
Coordinator of Contracted Services: FCPS ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
· Associate’s degree in a construction related field, or comparable work experience preferred.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in the field of commercial building construction to include; extensive experience in mechanical systems, electrical systems, electronics systems and related fields, experience in supervision and life safety.
Comprehensive knowledge of the building and maintenance trades; ability to plan and coordinate a comprehensive capital asset improvement program utilizing contracted resources; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other officials. Applicant will support the operations of the Facilities Services department and work in cooperation with other division personnel in developing, procuring, and administrating contracted services.
Be familiar with all phases of construction including, but not limited to:
· writing specifications and bids
· interpreting and assuring compliance with local ordinances
· maintaining drawings and specifications
· coordinating work with subcontractors, architects, etc.
· coordinating permitting and inspections
· ability to communicate effectively with all levels of division employees, outside contractors, local building officials, etc.
· ability to obtain quotes
· ability to monitor and oversee projects and to assure completion within deadlines
· administer willingness to be "on-call"
· ability to work as part of a team
Applicant should have knowledge and experience in construction operations to include, but not limited to, structural, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and grounds maintenance. Additionally, the applicant will be responsible for the following other duties:
· assisting with snow removal
· coordinating the moving of materials between sites
· monitoring sites for unsafe conditions to include buildings, all equipment, and grounds
|Frederick County Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, political affiliation, disability, or veteran status in the education program and activities, or employment and provides access to the Boy Scouts or other designated youth groups.
Questions concerning the application of Title IX and Section 504 should be referred to:
Title IX Coordinator, John Linaburg, Executive Director of Human Resources
Section 504 Coordinator, Michele Sandy, Director of Special Instructional Services
1415 Amherst St.
Winchester, VA 22601